Total Pageviews

Sunday 14 August 2011

My New Boyfriend

Hey again. Just wanted to let you know that I have a new boyfriend.
He is truly amazing!
He is the lead guitarist/singer in his own band! How cool is that!?? =D
He really makes me happy and we both make each other laugh all the time. We really bond, you know? I personally think that this will go far. Who knows, maybe one day we'll elope to New York and get married. =)

So yeah, just wanted to tell you all about him, because he is a big part of my life now, and I wanted to share our happiness with you.

Oh, by the way his name is Matt Bellamy.
That's right, MATT BELLAMY.

Jealous?

I know that no one will believe me, so here is photographic evidence of our love.


Fresh love <3


I know that no one will believe me, so here is photographic evidence of our love.


~ Random Story ~

So not too long ago, I was in work, and one of my work friends really surprised me with something. We were on the topic of what we want to do after we graduate (I want to study French for a while, go to France, come back then go to uni to study either teaching or psychology), and he told me he wanted to join the army as a rifleman. This shocked me, to be honest. This is how the rest of the conversation went:
Me: "Wow, aren't you scared?"
Him: "... Yeah."
Me: "Then why are you doing it?"
Him: "To serve my country. You can't let fear hold you back in life."
Me: *stunned into silence*

I don't know, I was really shocked my this. It sort of challenged my cynical views on Generation Y.
Was it wrong for me to be so shocked?

Also, I was really conflicted by how to feel about this new information. I respected him for this unexpected display of bravery, but I also pitied him. I am against conflict, so joining the army isn't something I agree with, but I do not press my views on others. I still respect him for his brave choice, despite how wasteful I think it is. I hope I'm not the only one that thinks this way.



That's all for now.

Jon out! x

3 comments:

  1. How come one person managed to challenge your cynical view on our generation? You do realise not all of us are morons to begin with, right? And that you are part of the generation yourself and by making the assumption we're all idiots you're actually sounding like one of those judgmental generation Y kids you hate so much? Stop being so elitist and realise that there's bad eggs in every group and that grouping everyone together like that isn't helping at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i LIEK POTATOES

    ReplyDelete
  3. Consider this. Generation Y is the prime example of how the government uses subliminal messaging to manipulate individuals. Ergo being idiots. However, this is less used to get people to join the army but instead to but commercial products through feelings and opinions.

    You implimentation of the suttle but still detectable "Stay Happy" is also the idea of brainwashing. Although the cynical ideals of the whole generation Y being complete idiots because clearly, A Manipulative and Facadical individual like myself, even living in what people consider the leaders of the world (even through the population are idiots) people consider me a genius, even if its not in the traditional academic sense.

    I feel that your "cynical" view of generation Y being idiots is an attempt to seperate yourself from reality in an attempt to belittle people of your own generation. In reality we are all the same, but different.

    i forgot what i was ranting about by the end.

    ReplyDelete